Functional Medicine Questions & Answers
GOT QUESTIONS? WE’VE GOT ANSWERS
Is this program right for me?
Will this really work?
What can I expect to learn?
Like so many practitioners seeking this type of education, Dr. Kalish struggled to develop and apply a system that worked in his early years. Many of the training programs available to him back then, and available to you, right now, are taught in weekend seminars. They provide great information, but there is VERY LITTLE PRACTICAL APPLICATION. After paying for travel to a seminar, paying for lodging, paying for registration fees, listening to lectures, and getting excited about your newfound knowledge, you likely return to your clinic only to realize that you have tons of questions, and no idea how to order the first lab, communicate the program with your patients, and develop a business around the information you’ve received.
That’s what makes The Kalish Institute different. Dr. Kalish gives you a simple set of labs and a program design system. He then combines those tools with excellent patient communication and program design. He then works with you over a 6-month or 12-month period (depending on which course you select), allowing you to ask questions and tap into his decades of practical knowledge, while you cut your teeth, so that you can take off the training wheels, and excel on your own.
A: The Kalish Method Mentorship™ is an online training program, and there are two parts to your educational experience:
Part 1 – Lectures and Class Materials: There is an online learning platform that contains 6 or 12 months of substantive content. Every week includes:
- Videos from Dr. Kalish introducing the weekly topic and thoughts about the learning.
- A 60-80 minute substantive lecture on either a physical body system, lab testing, supplement protocol design, diet and lifestyle coaching, or patient communication and business practice skills.
- Practical application videos where Dr. Kalish will lead you through a real-life practice scenario.
- All of these videos and lectures are pre-recorded.
- Within each week’s content page there are also forms and documents designed for the practitioner to take and use in his or her practice, making assimilation easy.
- There are also recommended readings and suggested homework assignments that encourage you, the student, to apply the materials presented in class.
Part 2 – Live Q&A calls:
- While you are going through the material together, there is a weekly, live Q&A class with Dr. Kalish.
- The class is limited to 20 students.
- The call occurs on Tuesdays, and you typically have a choice of which group you would like to join for the Q&A.
- The Q&A is always recorded and is posted to the training platform, and emailed out within 24 hours.
- You are invited to email your questions and test results at least 24 hours before class, and Dr. Kalish will review and discuss these student-generated questions and practice issues during the Q&A call.
- If you cannot attend the Live Q&A discussion, you can still email your questions, and listen to the Dr. Kalish’s discussion once the recording is made available.
You may also ask questions during class.
- Start with confidence with every new patient
- Order the right tests from the right companies
- Run your business smoothly and easily
- Improve your patient communication skills
- Source proven, clinically effective supplements
- Design impactful programs for your patients
- Learn coaching for essential diet and lifestyle changes
- Help patients feel better
- Receive increased referrals from the patients whose trust you have earned
However, the Kalish Method has graduated successful practitioners, trained and licensed as chiropractors, medical doctors, osteopaths, nurse practitioners, acupuncturists, naturopaths, pharmacists, and more.
While most practitioners find an acceptable and legal way to apply these techniques in practice, on their own, or by working in conjunction with a Medical Doctor who can assist them with lab ordering and supplement design for their patients/clients, we recommend that you speak with our lab and supplement providers at BioHealth Labs, Genova, Metagenics, Designs For Health, and Pure Encapsulations should you have any doubts about your rights and abilities.
Many of our past graduates practice internationally, but we encourage our non-US students to complete their own research about lab and supplement ordering, as different rules may apply.
Ultimately, this training is for people who are motivated to do this work and want to incorporate functional medicine into their practices. We have all sorts of professionals in class together, from practitioners with 20 plus years of experience to folks still in school. We all learn from each other.
A: We have an ongoing weekly Clinical Rounds class that is the exact same format as the weekly Q&A class for the Mentorship. This class takes place every Tuesday at 8 am Pacific Time (we may add additional times in the future). The monthly fee for this class is $149 and you may join at anytime and cancel at anytime.
A: We provide scripts that you can use with new patients to encourage them to purchase a lab kit, and start a program. We also have protocols for designing programs and educating patients about the importance of combining supplement protocols with lifestyle changes to affect positive change.
If you can’t be highly profitable you’re not going to last long or help many people, so an increase in revenue must come early on. Dr. Kalish’s motto is, “If I can do this, you can do this.” He makes a large amount of money, every month, year after year, using the exact model that he’ll be teaching you. Hundreds of practices, including Dr. Joseph Mercola’s clinic, are succeeding with this system and ordering millions of dollars in labs and supplements as a result of this course. You can too.